[Linux-aus] Sponsorship & Miniconfs

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Tue Jul 4 23:33:02 UTC 2006

<quote who="Silvia Pfeiffer">

> I'd be interested in running a audio/video miniconf with a strong
> developer focus and not so much an artist/user focus as last year.
> However, some of the people in that field are really far away overseas and
> would only come if their trip can get support. Now, I understand that
> there is trip support for regular speakers but not for miniconf speakers.
> Is this still true? It it is, it's fair enough and I am not asking to
> change it.

Everything is flexible, and I think we made a mistake a few years back when
we reacted so violently against a (small) failure related to this. However,
it is crucial that no toes are stepped on (or cut off) in the sponsorship
process, so contact the seven team <seven-contact at lca2007.linux.org.au> if
you have any requests/requirements with regards to additional sponsorship.

Thanks,

- Jeff

     "It's all a blur of a bunch of people having battles on different
                 plants (sic)."- Mary Gardiner on Star Wars