[Linux-aus] Re: Request for Change on how MiniConf's are handled.

Pia Waugh greebo at pipka.org
Mon Jul 3 14:41:02 UTC 2006

Hi Janet,

<quote who="Janet Hawtin">

> Given the kinds of issues about at the moment
> would there be people available with the relevant nouse to run an open
> source business models miniconf, and an open source/creative commons law
> miniconf(or main conf theme?)?

Perhaps a lot of the business stuff should remain at Linuxworld or other
commercial/business FOSS conferences? I do think the new streaming we are
doing which includes a Free culture stream kind of wraps up the other stuff
:)
> Just wondered if that would be interesting to new players and
> perhaps to help client groups understand about paying programmers to
> develop open source products?

I think that perhaps linux.conf.au is the wrong forum for that. It is a geek
conference by and for geeks. JMHO :)

Cheers,
Pia

--
Linux Australia                                         http://linux.org.au/

                "Women hold up half the sky." - Mao Tse Tung