[Linux-aus] Re: DMCA on slashdot

Robert Golding robert.golding at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 16:33:02 UTC 2006

On 7/7/06, Janet Hawtin <lucychili at internode.on.net> wrote:
> Hi folks
>
> For those of you who don't delve in the political section of slashdot
> the DMCA issue has been raised there. The post is short but some of the
> discussion is interesting.
> http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/07/06/054240
>
> Janet
> --
> LinuxSA WWW: http://www.linuxsa.org.au/ IRC: #linuxsa on irc.freenode.net

1) Lots of people say "How awful" then won't sign the petition, it's
all too "technical" for them and "only affects geeks" :-(

2) "It won't affect me, I'll still be able to pirate it if I have to"
How many times have you that or similar?  Generally MS fan boys.

3) Not to mention the huge amount of average types who have no idea
anyway and JUST DON"T CARE!

Looks as though the only way to legally listen to, and watch, media
will be on MS or TV/Radio :-)

Funny really, every "pirate" I know of is a Windows user, yet Linux is
perceived as the OS of choice for "pirates" by the sheep, er, general
public, if they have even heard of it.

--
Regards,	Robert

..... Some people can tell what time it is by looking at the sun, but
I have never been able to make out the numbers.
---
Errata: Spelling mistakes are not intentional, except that I don't use
spell checkers.  It's too easy to allow the spell checker to make the
decisions and use words that are out of context for that being written
(i.e. their/there, your/you're, threw/through and even accept/except),
not to mention foreign (I'm Australian) English spelling (i.e.
colour/color, socks/sox, etc).