[Linux-aus] Grant proposal - Girls in ICT event

Pia Waugh greebo at pipka.org
Wed Jan 11 13:56:02 UTC 2006

Hi Bret,

<quote who="Bret Busby">

> Ah, now, would such a trip to Perth, include providing a presentation
> for PLUG, by the grantee?

I would certainly be happy to do that if useful for PLUG :)

> Perhaps, a seminar about Linux Australia, or what is happening with
> LUG's in the eastern states, or something?

Sounds good. I've also been to a few conferences recently that might be
useful to chat about.

> Out of interest, depending on the city of your location, an email that I
> received this morning, appears to indicate a return flight between
> Melbourne and Perth, is $149 for the next day or so, with Virgin.

Oh really, nice. The dates are for the 7th and 8th March, and the costs I
saw were ranging from about $249 up one way from Sydney. Obviously whatever
isn't needed for the flights would be retained by LA, they could pay direct
and however cheap we get them we get them.

Cheers,
Pia

--
Linux Australia                                         http://linux.org.au/

                "Women hold up half the sky." - Mao Tse Tung