[Linux-aus] Changing Order of Nominees

Stewart Smith stewart at linux.org.au
Mon Jan 9 08:03:02 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-01-06 at 13:30 +0800, Leon Brooks wrote:
> On Friday 06 January 2006 13:27, Karin Purser wrote:
> > Has anyone else noticed this phenomenon or am I going nuts?
>
> IIRC, it's a deliberate policy to even out the candidates' exposure.

It's actually not deliberate at all - results are returned in the order
they are fetched from the database. This, of course, means that the
order is semi-predictable in theory. In practice, not so much.

Random ordering could be a good thing however... thoughts from the
floor?
--
Stewart Smith (stewart at linux.org.au)
Committee Member, Linux Australia