[Linux-aus] Nomination for Ordinary Committee Members

Anthony Towns aj at azure.humbug.org.au
Fri Jan 6 16:41:02 UTC 2006

On Fri, Jan 06, 2006 at 05:44:00PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 06, 2006 at 06:10:29PM +1100, Andrew Donnellan wrote:
> > On 1/6/06, Anthony Towns <aj at azure.humbug.org.au> wrote:
> > > Oh, sorry, I meant http://www.dblonline.com.au/turbocash.htm;
> > > they have a Google ad. turbocash.com.au seems to work for me
> > Sorry - last time i checked was a few weeks ago.
> > Although it seems the software only runs on Windows?! Has anyone tried
> > porting it?
> Hrm, http://forums.lugradio.org/viewtopic.php?t=1527 from 9th December
> indicates they're just starting to port it. There's a Linux Roadmap on
> the wiki, but it's pretty sparse.

(Also, the program's written in delphi, and while there is a Linux effort,
they have a specific focus on supporting Windows as well as possible. They
also seem to be very committed to open source, though also have a much
more structured development group than most free software things I've
seen)

Cheers,
aj, fascinated