[Linux-aus] Nomination for Ordinary Committee Members

Jonathan Oxer jon at oxer.com.au
Fri Jan 6 13:31:02 UTC 2006

On 1/6/06, Andrew Donnellan <ajdlinux at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I hadn't even thought of that: I'd expected the results would be
> > announced for the first time at the AGM, but you're right, MemberDB
> > just goes ahead and makes the results available at the nominated time.
> > Maybe we should hide the results until the AGM to give people a reason
> > to turn up  ;-)
>
> It's a bit late to tell people to register for LCA now.

I don't follow what you mean by that. I didn't say that only people
who go to the AGM will find out the results: in fact the opposite, I
specifically said:

> > Definitely. There'll be a wrap-up to the list. The general idea is not
> > to penalise anyone just because they can't make it to LCA.

My point was that if the results are announced prior to the AGM that's
one less reason for people [already at] LCA to attend it.

Or did I totally misinterpret your comment?

Quite apart from which it's far from too late to attend LCA. Please,
everyone, register now! You don't get free steak knives, but you do
get a week of fun and a schwag bag full of goodies (heh, watch Mike
run around now organising steak knives for the schwag just to spite
me!)

http://www.linux.conf.au/register/

Cheers  :-)

Jonathan