[Linux-aus] Nomination for Ordinary Committee Members

Anthony Towns aj at azure.humbug.org.au
Fri Jan 6 08:46:01 UTC 2006

On Fri, Jan 06, 2006 at 07:32:43AM +1100, James Purser wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-01-06 at 02:56 +1030, David Lloyd wrote:
> > Unix == skills
> > Apple == skill
> > Microsoft == Marketing
> > Who has the desktop?
> > MICROSOFT.
> I'd hazard to say that Microsoft's dominance today can be more
> attributed to inertia and ignorance that clever marketing. Sure
> marketing plays a part but as the saying goes "Nobody ever got fired for
> buying Microsoft".

Is there either a simple small business accounting package that copes
automatically with the various different .au tax rates, comparable to
MYOB that runs on Linux? Are there any modern first person shooters,
RTS games, or MMORPGs that look modern and run on Linux?

(There's muli, but it's a bit high end; otoh, there's some TurboCASH
thing that's even free software apparently now, and has an .au company
apparently offering support)

Cheers,
aj