[Linux-aus] Nomination for Ordinary Committee Members

Pia Waugh greebo at pipka.org
Wed Jan 4 06:12:01 UTC 2006

Hi all,

<quote who="Jonathan Oxer">

> We have a "thanks" page on the site but it's woefully incomplete. If
> it listed all the people who have given their time to make LA what it
> is today it would be a *big* list, so let's get started: if you have a
> suggestion for someone to add to that page please send it to
> web-team at linux.org.au. Personally I think we could start by adding all
> past committee members as well as the core organisers from every
> previous LCA team.

They are already all on the Committee page
http://www.linux.org.au/about/ctte and all past committees are thanked on
the thankyou page already, so it seems a huge double handling to put all
ctte members in both places. There is even an explicit thankyou on the ctte
page to all past committees :) I've linked the committee page on the
thankyou page to make it easier for people to find who was on earlier
committees.

Gary, I don't know why you keep bringing this up. There is certainly a lot
of recognition for all efforts of individuals who have contributed to making
LA great. It is true that it has seen the greatest growth and influence in
the last few years, and the efforts prior to that were certainly no less for
that.

I guess my question is, what else do you think LA should do to better show
recognition for previous efforts of individuals?

Cheers,
Pia

--
Linux Australia                                         http://linux.org.au/

    "We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be
                            free." - Bill Hicks