[Linux-aus] Committee Increases Prize

Trent Lloyd lathiat at bur.st
Tue Jan 3 21:06:10 UTC 2006

I am very pleased to see this, having myself been funded by the
conference and by the RDP programme when I was not able to pay for
myself to attend (at the age of 15) I can undestand how important this
would be to Pascal. :)

Hope to see you there Pascal, and everyone else!

Cheers,
Trent

On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 11:14:35PM +1100, Karin Purser wrote:
> Tonight (3rd January 2006)The Linux Australia Committee decided to up the
> prize money for the Community Member of The Year from $200.00 to $1000.00
> in order to better cover the costs involved with travelling and attending
> the conference.
>
> When contacted about the change, this years winner - Pascal Klein of
> Canberra had this to say "I'm so thrilled with what Linux Australia has
> done. I'm just speechless".
>
> --
> Cherio,
> Karin
>
> "May all you hopes and dreams be just around the corner"
>
> You can find the podcasts at
> http://mirror.linux.org.au/podcasts/la-update
> lugroundup at k-sit.com

Trent Lloyd <lathiat at bur.st>