[Linux-aus] LCA: bringing the process forward (the whole message this time!)

Steve Walsh steve at nerdvana.org.au
Thu Feb 16 19:27:02 UTC 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: Julien Goodwin
Sent: Thursday, 16 February 2006 2:51 PM
To: linux-aus at lists.linux.org.au
Subject: Re: [Linux-aus] LCA: bringing the process forward (the whole
message this time!)

>I'd say announcing at the previous LCA works well. If you can't get
>leave 12 months in advance where are you working!

Me? I work for myself.

LCA05 was doable for a week as it in my home town. On the wednesday of
LCA05, the people we contract our DNS out to lost both their links (which
were with different USP's for redundancy). I lost most of Wednesday
afternoon trying to get a solution sorted out that kept people happy, but
being on the phone and in town kept them happy.  LCA06 unfortunately meant
leaving the country, and (without resorting to roaming the mobile) telephone
communications.

LCA07 and the rest are hopefully doable, but it all comes down to my
clients. If they throw money at me to make something work, then LCA (and my
inner geek) loses out.

just my 2cents worth.

Steve