[Linux-aus] LCA: bringing the process forward (the whole message this time!)

Jonathan Oxer jon at ivt.com.au
Thu Feb 16 12:54:02 UTC 2006

On 2/16/06, James Purser <purserj at k-sit.com> wrote:
> Okay what about the following:
>
> - Bid Entries due in September 15th
> - Announcement of winning bid 1st/2nd October(this gives the winning bid
> an extra two months to work with)
> - Call for new bids at the AGM held during linux.conf.au along with some
> sort of ceremony handing over responsibility to the new linux.conf.au team
> at the end of the conf.

That's not much ahead of the current schedule so it misses many of the
benefits of bringing it forward by a more radical amount. I was
thinking more in the region of having the decision made 18 months
prior so the successful team has at least 6 months to assist with the
upcoming event. That means bids in by the end of say June, with the
decision made in July some time.

Cheers   :-)

Jonathan