[Linux-aus] Taking FOSS to the world: LA at LinuxWorld and CeBIT

Jonathan Oxer jon at ivt.com.au
Wed Feb 8 11:56:02 UTC 2006

Hi LA,

Late last year Linux Australia entered into agreements with the
organisers of LinuxWorld Expo and CeBIT (both to be held in Sydney),
the end result of which is that we have the opportunity to run an LA
presence at both events. Given that LWE is not that far away (March
28-30) and CeBIT follows hard on its heels it's high time we got
ourselves organised.

What we really need now is a few volunteers to undertake organisation
of LA's stand at both events. We'll need someone to take charge of it
as a project and arrange whatever needs to be done, coordinating
volunteers and sourcing things like schwag, signage, furniture,
displays, demo computers, etc. Various other FOSS organisations will
be there as well so it would be a good idea to coordinate with them
too. Ideally this should probably all be done under the auspices of
the Advocacy sub-ctte.

Any volunteers or ideas? Let the discussion begin![1]

Cheers   :-)

Jonathan

[1]At an appropriate time it can be moved off linux-aus to a more
focused forum. An advocacy list perhaps?