[Linux-aus] Who defines Open Source?

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Wed Feb 8 10:46:02 UTC 2006

<quote who="Avi Miller">

> Exactly right, and this is the problem I'm currently facing: The
> difference between what we think is an open licence vs. what the greater
> community accepts as a truly open licence.
>
> It seems to be all about perception, really. :)

A perception which is really strongly supported by using commonly accepted
licenses. There are *plenty* of licenses that support all kinds of models,
why take the dangerous route of choosing a brand new, legally untested one
even if it has your name on top? :-)

- Jeff

--
FOSDEM 2006: Brussels, Belgium                    http://www.fosdem.org/2006

   "Science helps a lot, but people built perfectly good brick walls long
               before they knew why cement works." - Alan Cox