[Linux-aus] Girls in IT event grant request

Pia Waugh pia at waugh.id.au
Mon Feb 6 07:51:02 UTC 2006

Hi all,

just a quick follow up about my grant request for a $1500 sponsorship and my
travel to Perth for an event talking to 2,500 girls about FOSS
(http://www.gogirlwa.org.au/). I've had really positive feedback from loads
of people :) Now I just need to get the funding organised if LA is happy to
go ahead with the grant :) As a ctte member I am ensuring that all
correspondence on this is on the public record so that everyone is happy
with it.

the event is the 7/8th March, which doesn't correlate with any PLUG events,
but I would love to meet up with PLUG and am happy to give a talk there on
the night of the 7th if of interest to the PLUGers :)

Cheers,
Pia

--
Linux Australia                                         http://linux.org.au/

   "Is kneeling a criteria for talking to you?" - Philip Lindsay to Jeff