[Linux-aus] Re: Squiz.net Open Source License - is it free?

Del del at babel.com.au
Sun Feb 5 19:52:01 UTC 2006

Andrew Donnellan wrote:
> Another analysis with more explanation.
>
> I have asked FSF and their response was clearly non-free.

That response may or may not be more useful than the discussion
on the debian-legal list, however I don't find that discussion
useful.  The arbitrators of open source licenses are the OSI,
not the Debian team nor the FSF.  Remember that the debian-legal
team only discuss one distribution of Linux, and the FSF only
promote one (GPL) of the many free software licenses.

Probably best take the discussion to the OSI and see what they
say.

--
Del