[Linux-aus] Fwd: Squiz.net Open Source License - is it free?

Avi Miller avi.miller at squiz.net
Fri Feb 3 19:16:01 UTC 2006

Andrew Donnellan wrote:
> This is about the Squiz.net Open Source License, the license of the
> MySource Matrix CMS software now used by the Federal Government. LA
> members might be interested.

I have forwarded this email to our MD and I'll let you know if he has an
official response. I know our license has been the subject of much
discussion ever since MySource Matrix was first deployed within both
State and Federal Government agencies. Our license has been through
quite a few revisions and modifications since it was first developed and
we are always looking for ways to make it more agreeable to the larger
community, while maintaining the ability to support our own commericial
efforts.

If anyone from Linux Australia has any specific questions about our
license, I'm more than happy to either try and answer them myself or
pass them on to someone better qualified to respond.

cYa,
Avi

--
National Manager - Special Projects

< Melbourne / Sydney / Canberra / Hobart / London />
   2/340 Gore Street    T: +61 (0) 3 9486 0411
   Fitzroy, VIC         F: +61 (0) 3 9486 0611
   3065                 W: http://www.squiz.net/

.....>> Open Source  - Own it  -  Squiz.net ...../>