[Linux-aus] Pre-LCA dinner - Sunday 14th

Steve Walsh Steve at nerdvana.org.au
Mon Dec 18 20:03:04 UTC 2006

Hi LA'rs

I'm making a booking for Dinner at the Lowenbrau Keller (www.lowenbrau.com.au),
a German beer hall in Sydney's Rocks area, for dinner on the Sunday night before
LCA (14th). Anyone is welcome, you don't need to be going to LCA to come along,
but you do need to RSVP and prove a small ($20) deposit to secure your spot.
This $20 is applied to the final bill, so if you don't book and just show up,
you may be asked to pony up a deposit on the night (so that it's fair to everybody).

Because of the booking fee, I'll only be reserving as many places as people have
  paid for, so if you want to come, send me an email and I'll get you the
payment details. I'm intending at this point to make the booking on Friday, 22nd
of December, so get in quick.

Before people take a deep breath to start yelling, I'm organizing this off my
own bat, and this is quite specifically *not* a part of what 7 have organized
for LCA this year, so if you think it's a stoopid idea, please email me off list.

Thanks again!

Steve