[Linux-aus] [Offtopic] pre-LCA couch surfing

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Fri Dec 15 06:53:02 UTC 2006

On Thursday 14 December 2006 23:10, David Lloyd wrote:
> > It would be nice to not only do the touristy stuff but also meet some
> > local hackers along the way. I guess the easiest setup would be
> > if you have place for us to spend a night, we'll take you out
> > to dinner in your favourite local restaurant.
>
> Do you mean "hackers" as in "Wolf Creek", "Hostel" or "Saw Genre"
> people? I don't know anyone alive who's met those kind of hackers...

No, I was actually thinking of the other kind.

I should probably have chosen a slightly broader term anyway. We're
certainly happy to stay with any geek, nerd, propellerhead, computer
freak, or whatever Aussie term you use to describe perfectly normal
people like ourselves that spend their vacation on a Linux conference.

	Arnd <><