[Linux-aus] [Offtopic] pre-LCA couch surfing

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Fri Dec 15 02:20:03 UTC 2006

[Sorry for abusing linux-aus for personal discussion, but I couldn't find
 a better place for this].

We're four Germans that go to Australia for one month of summer vacation
(in the middle of our winter) along with going to LCA. Between January 1st
and the start of the conference, we're planning to drive a car along
the coast from Cairns to Sydney.

It would be nice to not only do the touristy stuff but also meet some
local hackers along the way. I guess the easiest setup would be
if you have place for us to spend a night, we'll take you out
to dinner in your favourite local restaurant.

A little information about us: Jörn and I are both kernel hackers
and speakers at LCA7. You may have seen us at one of the previous
LCAs, but we haven't presented there in the past.
Christian is another hacker who works together with me and comes
to Australia for his first time.
Last but not least, Jörn's girl friend Claudia is joining us.

If all works out well, we'll also bring a few geek toys that we
can let you play with (a Playstation3 running Linux and an OLPC
laptop).

If you live somewhere on our route and would like to get to know us,
please contact us off-list, so we can talk about the timing etc.
Otherwise, maybe we'll see you at Sydney.

	Arnd <><