defending FOSS was Re: [Linux-aus] [Fwd: Re: [xxxxxxx] FW: Re: S.A. Parliament - Ubuntu Matter of Interest]

Brenda Aynsley bpa at iss.net.au
Mon Dec 4 21:54:02 UTC 2006

David Lloyd wrote:

> So, reading between the lines, it's your colleagues who made those
> rather amusing assertions? I've heard various bits and pieces about the
> ACS in the past and they've surpised me.
>
> I'm becoming less surpised.

I dont think this sort of response does anything positive david. And
you're right they are rather amusing assertions. :)

However this is two people out of 13000 ACS members, so whatever you
have 'heard about the acs' can neither be confirmed nor denied on the
basis of 2 people's opinions I would suggest.  The fact that they are
willing to share an opinion, however misguided, gives me reason to hope
that their views can be changed and their education continue.  After all
that's a big part of defining a professional - a willingness to continue
to learn throughout one's career.

cheers
brenda

--
Brenda Aynsley, FACS
Director Oz Business Partners http://www.ozbusinesspartners.com/

Mobile:+61(0) 412 662 988 || Skype: callto://baynsley
Phone:08 8357 8844  Fax:08 8272 7486 Nodephone:08 7127 0107

Chairman ACS SA http://www.acs.org.au/
The ACS Computer Professional Educational Program impacts
on the Practising Computer Professional scheme. To see how visit
http://www.acs.org.au/cpprogram/cpp.htm