[Linux-aus] Re: [Osia-discuss] [Fwd: Re: [xxxxxxx] FW: Re: S.A. Parliament - Ubuntu Matter of Interest]

Steven D'Aprano steve at cybersource.com.au
Mon Dec 4 13:53:01 UTC 2006

On Sunday 03 December 2006 12:12, Brenda Aynsley wrote:
> SA parliamentarian Dennis Hood (family first) intends to make a speech
> about Open Source, I dont know whether he actually made it, but he
> sought input from the FOSS/linux community. [....the Family First Party
> will me making this speech next Wednesday 6/12 just after about 2:30 or
> 2:45? from linuxsa list  - I am told]

[snip]

> ++++++++++++++++
>
> "My one cent worth on open source software......
>
> Open source software is not really free as Matt said. The cost of free
> open source software is migration, maintenance and reliability issues.
[snip]

Who wrote this nonsense? What has it got to do with Senator(?) Dennis Hood?

I don't think it is at all important for us to be spending time running around
answering the misrepresentations of random Internet trolls, even if they are
on the Linux Australia mailing list (I hear they let anyone subscribe these
days *wink*).

Unless this person is somebody important, say, the Federal Minister for IT,
there is no point spending time on this.

--
Steven D'Aprano
Operations Manager