[Linux-aus] Re: [LINK] Innovation happens elsewhere - Business Reasons for Using Open-Source Products - free web book

Thanks Anthony (I have cross posted my reply/your email to the ACS FOSS SIG and ICT Governance Forum),

Extremely useful as I was mulling over and writing my own comments on most of the topics they have identified - I will be looking at it in more detail.

Putting the book into context of my experience in using

*Linux/Knoppix/Apache/Kino/FFMPEG/OGG plugin for Quicktime
see <http://www.ramin.com.au/linux/>

*a few engagements with the publishing world - including Australian Standards, thoughts offlink would be welcome as I represent the ACS on Standard Australia's IT Governance and Management committee

*replies to [LINK] FW: Cory Doctorow speaking at Popcorn Taxi on Wednesday night (FREE!)
<http://mailman.anu.edu.au/pipermail/link/2006-April/066114.html>

Marghanita

anthony hornby wrote:
Hi,
these guys have put their book up on the web - creative commons licence
Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0.

Passing the link along in case it is useful to anyone. Book is here:
http://dreamsongs.com/IHE/IHE.html

Its the online version of this print book.

Innovation happens elsewhere - Business Reasons for Using Open-Source
Products by Ron Goldman, Richard P. Gabriel
Hardcover: 424 pages
* Publisher: Morgan Kaufmann (April 11, 2005)
* Language: English
* ISBN: 1558608893

Regards Anthony

--