[Linux-aus] Re: Software Freedom Day in Melbourne 2006!

Yep folks in Melbourne!

Software Freedom Day at the Melbourne Town Hall! We need to make the
most of it. :)

Speakers, info-stands, software demos, documentaries, and a kids game
zone. Free CD giveaways. Tux. Live Linux Laptop record and more!

So far we've got Computerbank, LUV, Linuxchix, Oz Zope, OSV, and Melb
Wireless confirmed. Community Media Services (CMS) are filming the
event. On the OSV table it looks like we have 4 businesses represented,
it would be great to have more of you involved.

We are also keen to have some one from the business community do a 20-30
minute talk on why FOSS is good for business. If you'd like to do this
or know someone who would be perfect, let Donna or myself know.

As Donna has already mentioned, we need help to pay for the cost of
bandwidth. We'd also appreciate hearing from anyone that can loan us a
data projector screen for the day.

Computerbank has an announcement about the event at
http://vic.computerbank.org.au/Members/kylie/sfdbazaar06 and from
http://www.softwarefreedomday.org/teams/oceania/au/melbourne you'll find
some more info about other events happening on the day.

If you'd like to help out with planning, promotions, and logistics on
the day, we'd love to hear from you too. For those interested in this
aspect, we have a planning wiki over at
http://vic.computerbank.org.au/wiki/SoftwareFreedomDay

We'll also have some posters up soon so folks can download and put them
up in public places. :)

Cheers,

Kylie

On Mon, 2006-08-14 at 10:55 +1000, Donna Benjamin wrote:
> Good on you Pia - sounds like it's going to be a great day!
>
> and for those Melbournians - Computerbank Victoria is hosting a
Software