[Linux-aus] Re: [Osia-discuss] Chosing an Open Source licence

Avi Miller avi.miller at squiz.net
Mon Apr 24 11:33:01 UTC 2006

Brendan Scott wrote:
> This is all a question of cost and benefit.  Everyone who is engaged in
> a licensing quandry needs to determine how much it is worth to them to
> get the right answer, or, alternatively, how much a wrong answer will
> cost them.

This is absolutely the critical take-home message, I think. I have read
way too many licences in the last week and they're all combining into
one, now. :( I think motivating for some funding for some actual legal
advice is the best couse of action.

cYa,
Avi

--
National Manager - Special Projects

< Sydney / Melbourne / Canberra / Hobart / London />
   2/340 Gore Street      T: +61 (0) 3 9486 0411
   Fitzroy, VIC           F: +61 (0) 3 9486 0611
   3065                   W: http://www.squiz.net/

.....>> Open Source  - Own it  -  Squiz.net ...../>