[Linux-aus] Chosing an Open Source licence

Avi Miller avi.miller at squiz.net
Fri Apr 21 15:29:02 UTC 2006

Hey guys,

Hypothetically, if one were to be trying to decide which OSI Approved
Open Source licence one might hypothetically wish to apply to one's
product, where would one go to get a nice side-by-side comparison of the
various licences? It would be great if there was a site that had some
Australian legal ideas as well.

Essentially, I'm trying to work out which licence would be the best fit
for a particular product, based on certain commercial requirements. I
know I can read each licence, but I Am Not A Lawyer and I'd hate to get
something wrong. :)

Any tips/suggestions appreciated,
Avi

--
National Manager - Special Projects

< Sydney / Melbourne / Canberra / Hobart / London />
   2/340 Gore Street      T: +61 (0) 3 9486 0411
   Fitzroy, VIC           F: +61 (0) 3 9486 0611
   3065                   W: http://www.squiz.net/

.....>> Open Source  - Own it  -  Squiz.net ...../>