[Linux-aus] Optus SourceForge mirror

Glen Turner glen.turner at aarnet.edu.au
Tue Apr 11 09:09:02 UTC 2006

Andrew Pollock wrote:

> As Andrew has pointed out, mirroring SourceForge is currently out of our
> league. It's something we're very interested in doing in the future, but
> it's probably going to require more suitable hosting as well as an
> additional budget to extend the disk capacity.

I'm not sure why you'd want to do that.  It's very much in
the interests of Australian ISPs to mirror sites like
SourceForge, and it's pretty cheap to do so (a few TB
being nothing with modern disks - have a look at the
capacity of the Apple RAID box).

So I think you'll find there will always be at least one
mirror of SourceForge in Australia.

--
  Glen Turner         Tel: (08) 8303 3936 or +61 8 8303 3936
  Australia's Academic & Research Network  www.aarnet.edu.au