[Linux-aus] Bids for linux.conf.au 2008

Stewart Smith stewart at linux.org.au
Fri Apr 7 11:44:01 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-04-05 at 13:50 +1000, Jonathan Oxer wrote:
> 2006/05/31 - Draft bids to be submitted for comment (optional)
> 2006/06/30 - Bids to be submitted for evaluation
> 2006/07/31 - Final decision to be made on bids after discussion
>                            with community members
>
> If you're interested in pitching for 2008 it's time to get moving on
> it *now*. Put a core team together, think about a venue and timing,
> talk to previous LCA organisers, talk to the Committee
> (committee at linux.org.au) and state your intentions, read the LCA-howto
> (http://wiki.linux.org.au/Ctte/LCA_HOWTO), put together a draft budget
> (examples available from the LA ctte) and come up with a compelling
> reason why LCA should come to YOUR city.

Melbourne is certainly interested (and a lot more prepared than for last
year). We're aiming to get some things out a bit before these dates, and
it's possible to track our discussions and progress on our wiki (or join
our mailing list).
--
Stewart Smith (stewart at linux.org.au)
Committee Member, Linux Australia