[Linux-aus] Ubuntu Certification (was: lca2005 CD)

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Wed Apr 5 10:24:04 UTC 2006

<quote who="Steve Walsh">

> Now forgive me if I'm wrong, and please be nice enough to flame me off
> list if I am, but I was under the impression the LPI's were meant to be
> Vendor Neutral. By introducing a vendor specific exam into the LPI stream,
> isn't this just moving the LPI's away from their Benefit ie - A means of
> measuring the certified person's knowledge of the core linux kernel and
> subsystem. ?

I tend to think this model better supports the vendor neutral approach that
LPI has taken. Choose your poison: LPI 101, 102 and Ubuntu 103 on top or an
entirely separate RHCE or Novell certification?

I reckon it'd be great if more distros supported, assisted and improved the
LPI effort. :-)

- Jeff

--
GUADEC 2006: Vilanova i la Geltrú, Spain            http://2006.guadec.org/

              "We are not complete muppets." - Murray Cumming