[Linux-aus] Ubuntu Certification (was: lca2005 CD)

Jonathan Oxer jon at ivt.com.au
Wed Apr 5 10:22:02 UTC 2006

On 4/5/06, Steve Walsh <steve at nerdvana.org.au> wrote:

> Now forgive me if I'm wrong, and please be nice enough to flame me off list if
> I am, but I was under the impression the LPI's were meant to be Vendor Neutral.
> By introducing a vendor specific exam into the LPI stream, isn't this just moving
> the LPI's away from their Benefit ie - A means of measuring the certified
> person's knowledge of the core linux kernel and subsystem. ?

There's a difference between being vendor-neutral and providing
vendor-specific material though. My understanding is that LPI are
vendor-neutral in that they are not funded by vendors and therefore
have no bias, but still offer certification that is specific to
various platforms. I don't see that as reducing their "neutrality" as
such.

Cheers   :-)

Jonathan Oxer