[Linux-aus] Linux equivalent of HyperTerminal?

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Wed Sep 14 13:29:02 UTC 2005

<quote who="Avi Miller">

> Ok, so colour me a n00b. :)
>
> What is the/a Linux equivalent of HyperTerminal? I need to connect via a
> COM port to a Sun Fire server, and I'd like to do it from my Linux server
> if possible.

I enjoy using screen for this (because I *always* have it installed, and it
is always the new hotness, even though it is many years old).

  screen /dev/ttyS0 19200

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2006: Dunedin, New Zealand               http://linux.conf.au/

   "Driving Miss Daisy. Best film of 1989. So said the academy. What does
                        that tell you?" - Spike Lee