[Linux-aus] Marketing/rescue opportunity incoming, heads up!

Leon Brooks leon-linuxaus at cyberknights.com.au
Tue Oct 18 19:19:02 UTC 2005

Have you been neglecting our fabulous Planet?

    http://planet.linux.org.au/

If so, your loss.

It now sports a not-so-well-written 'blog post based on an email post
and a forward from two different OSIA denizens (round of applause for
OSIA, if your Australian business depends upon Open Source, hustle
along to http://www.osia.net.au/ and sign up); the gist of it is that
we're about to see a lot of hurt and frightend IT people as the BSAA
and Microsoft resellers follow up on copyright "enhancements" in the
wake of the FTA agreement:

http://leonbrooks.blogspot.com/2005/10/microsoft-urging-filipinos-to-linux.html

Your opportunity is to get in ahead of the rush, and offer them FOSS
alternatives to paying through the nose for software which they own but
can't prove ownership for, or even going to jail.

Cheers; Leon
http://linux.org.au/            Member, Linux Australia