[Linux-aus] ATO - Software Compatibility

David Lloyd lloy0076 at adam.com.au
Fri Nov 18 11:25:01 UTC 2005

Hmmm...

> Why on earth do they not create an online service where the only
> requirement is a standards compliant web browser? The business case to
> support such an argument would be downright simple.... a no
> brainer.... the savings on the client dev and dist would be huge!!!...
> it could all be poured into the online service..... No more business
> users struggling with installs......
>

> Why not lobby for that instead?
> Seems to me that the effort would benefit not just Linux users, but
> ALL PC users..... now that's something they could not ignore isn't it?

A good response although I tend to think it would be some ActiveX,
Internet Explorer thing based on VB.net. Call me a cynic.

Does anyone know if the Australian Federal Govt. is "encumbered" with
the requirements to be disability friendly? The funny thing with being
open to people with disabilities is that it has a tendency to get ride
of IE idiocies...

DSL