[Linux-aus] Update: Systems Administration Miniconf, linux.conf.au 2006.

Simon Lyall simon at darkmere.gen.nz
Tue Nov 8 19:19:02 UTC 2005

An update and 2nd CFP for the Systems Administration Miniconf which will be
part of the linux.conf.au conference to be held in Dunedin, New Zealand in
January 2006

We have had a good response to our first call for papers and have accepted
several great presentations. In addition we have several others submitted after
the early deadline or which didn't quite make the first cut.

Please see http://sysadmin.miniconf.org/program.html for our draft programme
or http://sysadmin.miniconf.org/presentations.html for more details on the
accepted presentations.

A reminder that we are still accepting proposals for presentations until at
least the 18th of November. Presentations can be lightning talks or full
presentations between 30 and 120 minutes. See

http://sysadmin.miniconf.org/cfp.html

for details.

Topics for presentations could include (but are not limited to)

Samba, Databases, Backups, Firewalls, AAA, Troubleshooting, Buying Decisions,
VPN, Virtual machines (Xen, UML, VMware), Monitoring Software,
Web/Mail/LDAP/etc Server software, Wikis, PHP, Spam and Virus Filtering,
VOIP, Trouble Ticket System, Best Practices, New Developments,
Clustering/High Availability , Automated Installs, Automated configuration,
Packaging Local Software.

Speakers should assume that members of the audience have at least a
couple of years experience in Unix/Linux administration.

Format of Presentations
-----------------------

Presentations of between 30 and 120 minutes (including questions) or
Lightning Talks of 5-10 minutes.

Submitting talks
----------------

Please note that in order to give a presentation you must be signed up for
the main linux.conf.au conference.

In order to submit a talk please see our Call for Presentations web page at:

http://sysadmin.miniconf.org/cfp.html

Submissions (or any questions) should be sent to:

contact @ sysadmin.miniconf.org.

Dates and Deadlines

To encourage early submissions around half the programme will be filled from
presentations submitted before the 31st of October.

18 Nov 2005 - Deadline for late submissions

Contact and Questions

Please see our website at http://sysadmin.miniconf.org/ for more information
on the miniconf and presenting at it.

If you have any questions please feel free to email the organisers at:

contact @ sysadmin.miniconf.org