[Linux-aus] Re: [Osia-discuss] [Fwd: [SLUG] Re: returning windows software]

Petr Baum petr at baum.com.au
Thu Nov 3 07:28:01 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 02 November 2005 12:08, Con Zymaris wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 31, 2005 at 01:29:10PM +1100, Del wrote:

Hi,

> > This issue of returning windows software provided with a name brand
> > laptop has come up again on the SLUG list.  I have suggested that someone
> > possibly from LA needs to take this up with the ACCC.  I know that OSIA
> > have discussed the issue and there have been pros and cons put forwards
> > on either side.  A few OSIA members have taken some complaints to the
> > ACCC, but nothing concrete has come out of the organisation so far.

> Whoever wants to join the journey, let me know.

We purchased an IBM Thinkpad last week, we managed to get one without Windows
and with Debian as the sole OS. This cost us $69 more than Win flavour.

Or did we??? There is a Win hologram on the bottom of the Thinkpad  with a
WinXP Product Key. :-(

Is it any good on this journey?

Petr and Jiri

--