Re: [Linux-aus] DarLUG grant - any news

Hi Anthony,

<quote who="anthony hornby">

> Hi Everyone,
> did anything come of the DarLUG grant application - I haven't heard
> anything formal about whether we were successful or not and as our
> account is a "community organisation" one from Westpac it has no
> internet access - so I can't check it without going into a branch.

Your grant proposal was definitely approved, it is seen as an awesome grant,
and exactly the sort of project that is really worthwhile. The committee is
pleased to be able to help out.

I've cc'd Mark Tearle our treasurer, please liase with him over the payment
and any invoices for LAs records.

The grant proposal for anyone interested is at
http://lists.linux.org.au/archives/linux-aus/2005-April/msg00008.html and
the short of it is money to have some open source kiosks at the Charles
Darwin University for the community usage and cheap (media only) access to
open source software. The money is covering hardware alone.

Rock on DarLUG!

Cheers,
Pia

--