[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Linux-aus] Jobs at MySQL AB: Web Developer (PHP)
Please feel free to forward this to your local user group list/forum.
Jobs at MySQL AB: Web Developer
(see also http://www.mysql.com/company/jobs/webdeveloper.html)
MySQL is looking for a top-notch web developer with solid PHP and HTML
skills. You must be a self-starter able to juggle complex tasks. You
must be able to work effectively with remote teams.
In this position you will be responsible for creating web-based
applications for MySQL's websites using PHP and MySQL. This full-time
position is available for qualified candidates world-wide.
- Perform daily updates to content of MySQL websites using PHP,
MySQL, HTML, CSS
- Work with other members of the web team to add new sections
and features to the MySQL websites
- Help to build internal content management solutions
- Assist in daily management and monitoring of web servers
- 3+ years PHP, HTML, CSS
- Strong understanding of web standards, particularly XHTML
- Have proven skills building complete web-based applications
- Ability to write basic SQL queries.
Prior experience with MySQL helpful
- Be able to function on a Linux command line
- Experience working with revision control tools like CVS or BitKeeper
- Excellent spoken and written English-language skills
- Experience with open source development tools and environments
- Experience with MySQL and database design and administration
- Understanding of templating (e.g. Smarty) and localization
- Graphics production skills in Photoshop, Illustrator
- Knowledge of Apache and MySQL administration
- Experience with online ecommerce applications
- Perl, Unix shell scripting
- Non-English language skills (particularly German, French,
To be considered for this position, you must:
- provide a sample of code you've written in PHP (a class or function).
- provide at least two URLs to sites on which you have worked,
with a brief description of your role.
- provide an indication of your salary expectations
NOTE: Applications without a PHP code sample and URLs will not
To apply for this position, please fill in our Job Application Form
(http://www.mysql.com/company/jobs/jobapp.php?job=webdeveloper). You may
include your code sample and URLs in the Resume field.
You may also send your application to jobs (at) mysql (dot) com with
"Web developer" in the subject line. You can speed up the process by
including your CV/resume as plain text at the end of the email message
and not as an attachment.
To get an idea of what working for MySQL AB is like, have a peek at
Arjen Lentz, Community Relations Manager
MySQL AB, www.mysql.com