[Linux-aus] Re: [LACTTE] LinuxWorld Expo

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Thu May 19 14:53:03 UTC 2005

<quote who="Jonathan Oxer">

> Hi Minnie,
>
> > Just to let you know the floorplan Is now set for the LinuxWorld expo
> > next year in Sydney.  As discussed I am happy to offer Linux Australia a
> > free booth at the show
>
> Thankyou for your generous offer, it's much appreciated. We've recently
> been discussing ways Linux Australia could be involved in LWE to represent
> the developer community, and there is a lot of enthusiasm for running a
> booth so having one made available free of charge is very welcome.

(If they have a .org pavilion, LA could probably have a larger booth over
there - makes more sense if you read the next bit...)

> > and I recall reading an email (I think from Pia) asking to be placed
> > next to OSIA.  I have asked OSIA if that is ok with them and am waiting
> > for them to get back to me.
>
> Sure, that sounds good. LA and OSIA are complementary organisations with a
> lot of common members and it would certainly be appropriate to locate us
> close together if that's possible.

We discussed this at the OSIA NSW meeting yesterday, and I think the
consensus was that we could get more coverage by actually having them
further apart. Both LA and OSIA have been offered smaller booths at the
front - perhaps if there is a .org pavilion, LA should set up camp there,
while OSIA sits in the more industry oriented section?

(Then again, perhaps LA has a few messages to take to the industry oriented
folks that OSIA won't be representing.)

Thought-candy for you.

- Jeff

--