[Linux-aus] The Open Source Victoria LiveLAMP Project

Grant Diffey nevyn-la at artificial-stupidity.net
Tue May 10 18:05:02 UTC 2005

On Tue, May 10, 2005 at 01:38:05PM +1000, Con Zymaris wrote:
[Massive SNIP]
I've added some potential ideas because I wasn't on OSV for the discussion if you've already thought of these or feel it's too late to alter the spec. then please dissregard

> ** Programs
>
>         - No X11
>         - ftp, rsync for students to copy data to `server'
>         - sshd, nano / joe / vim for advanced students (and emacs, but
> 	don't advertise it?)
>         - apache2, postgres, mysql, php, python, perl
>         - rcs, cvs
	A Selection of stand alone windows executables nothing that requires installing but. for example sc1.exe is about a million times more plesant than notepad and is free software(scintilla based editor)
	a w3c validator

> ** Scripts
>
>         - Script to delete /home and user accounts, then create new ones.
		create user accounts from a textfile list?