[Linux-aus] HOWTO organise a linux.conf.au

David Lloyd david at bullmedia.com.au
Fri Mar 18 20:09:02 UTC 2005

<big snip>

If we base our stuff on Wikipedia and suddenly realise it's gone
encyclopediash, then we can integrate it with the Encyclopedia so much
easier.

And honestly,if you've got a database and a shell account (ftp would
probably do), a wikimedia/wikipedia wiki is SO easy to setup. And the
default skin won't scare anyone away.

So what I'm saying is: if we choose to fork out on our own, if we use
the wikipedia implementation, it's going to be easier to take the
relevant encyclopdiac parts over....

Everyone benefits. Such is the maxim of open source...

DSL