[Linux-aus] Re: META - commoners (was: User Conference)

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Thu Mar 3 07:57:02 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 02 March 2005 22:38, Bret Busby wrote:
> And I would assume that committee members would be subscribed to the
> commoners list, and so would not also need messages sent to their
> list in addition to the multiple copies posted to the commoners list.

Bret, you've been on lists more than long enough to understand this.

To spell it out, probably for the n'th time: yes, it is reasonable to
assume that all of committee@ is also on linux-aus@, but it is poor
netiquette.

Good netiquette is to *ensure* that all interested parties recieve a
copy. There is no *requirement* that a Committee member be on the list,
even though I'd be surprised if any weren't, especially in light of
recent policy statements about increased openness revolving around this
particular list.

Cheers; Leon

http://linux.org.au/            Member, Linux Australia