[LACTTE] Re: [Linux-aus] About a User Conference (was...)

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Wed Mar 2 22:57:02 UTC 2005

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005, Jeff Waugh wrote:

> Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 23:59:55 +1100
> From: Jeff Waugh <jdub at perkypants.org>
> To: Greg 'groggy' Lehey <Greg.Lehey at auug.org.au>
> Cc: linux-aus at lists.linux.org.au, committee-LA <committee at linux.org.au>,
>     linux-aus <linux-aus at linux.org.au>
> Subject: Re: [LACTTE] Re: [Linux-aus] About a User Conference (was...)
>

>     "Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Dark
>                             Helmet, Spaceballs

So that is why these people insist on sending multiple copies of their
posts to the list - because "evil will always triumph over good"....

And I would assume that committee members would be subscribed to the
commoners list, and so would not also need messages sent to their list
in addition to the multiple copies posted to the commoners list.

Perhaps, if the "moderate all messages" problem is overcome, the list
administrator could set the Reply To address, to default replies to go
to the list, we would not get multiple copies of messages that some
people are sending to the list.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale