[LACTTE] Re: [Linux-aus] About a User Conference (was...)

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Tue Mar 1 14:15:03 UTC 2005

Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Michael Still">
>
>>>AUUG is an organisation for UNIX professionals. Does a newbie
>>>user/hacker conference align usefully with AUUG's market?
>>
>>Yes, well, as much as LA does for a newbie *BSD user. You need to remember
>>that they have run installfests et al in the past... Why the hostility to
>>them now?
>
> Hostility? Yikes dude, I'm wondering why you'd bother handling both when LA
> seems to fit the bill already.

Sorry, I must have misinterpreted your tone...

Anyways, I see it as having more than one feeder group making a great
event. If we can make it work with both of them, then it just makes for
a better event...

AUUG has also been listed as more of a VC partner to spread the risk
than a first class organizational entity as well.

Mikal

--

Michael Still (mikal at stillhq.com) | "The geek shall inherit
http://www.stillhq.com            |  the earth"

Linux.conf.au 2005 -- Quite like an excellent Linux and Open Source
conference. http://lca2005.linux.org.au