[LACTTE] Re: [Linux-aus] About a User Conference (was...)

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Tue Mar 1 11:53:04 UTC 2005

Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Michael Still">
>
>>>What would AUUGs interest in this be? Seems pretty solidly outside their
>>>market.
>>
>>They feel that they cover Linux and *BSD as well, so I'm not sure your
>>question makes sense...
>
> AUUG is an organisation for UNIX professionals. Does a newbie user/hacker
> conference align usefully with AUUG's market?

Yes, well, as much as LA does for a newbie *BSD user. You need to
remember that they have run installfests et al in the past... Why the
hostility to them now?

Mikal

--

Michael Still (mikal at stillhq.com) | "The geek shall inherit
http://www.stillhq.com            |  the earth"

Linux.conf.au 2005 -- Quite like an excellent Linux and Open Source
conference. http://lca2005.linux.org.au