[Linux-aus] LCA HOWTO Grant

Stewart Smith stewart at linux.org.au
Mon Jun 20 02:14:02 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-06-17 at 17:45 +1000, Michael Emery wrote:
> I think anything that gets this to actually happen is a definitely
> worthwhile. As I for one am keen to get LCA down to Tassie at some
> point but having no real information on what's required to be done etc
> it's very difficult to even attempt to get something happening.

There's a group of us here in Melbourne assembling a bid for 2007 - and
we're making sure we note down questions and they get into the HOWTO. So
it will not only have the experience of a "we've just done an LCA" city
but also a "we're thinking of trying to run one but haven't yet" city.

Would be cool to have a Tassie one at some point too - feel free to keep
in contact with us (or hang out on the melb-lca list) and we can learn
from each other.

--
Stewart Smith (stewart at linux.org.au)
Committee Member, Linux Australia