[Linux-aus] LWE: our stand is now booked

Pia Waugh greebo at pipka.org
Wed Jun 1 15:19:02 UTC 2005

Heya,

<quote who="Jonathan Oxer">

> I've just signed and faxed back the form confirming our booth at LWE. We
> currently have a 3x2m booth assigned, but have the option of altering
> that closer to the date if we see fit.

Yay!! Rock on Jon!

> Soon we'll need to start rounding up some volunteers interested in being
> part of the event which will be in Sydney on March 28-30 next year.

I reckon we should try to include the following in the booth:

- General information about FOSS
- A wall of fame for Aussie projects and developers
- A wall of fame for the usergroups around the country
- Free CDs - Maybe OpenCD project, or Ubuntu

Particularly getting the LUGs to have something cool to put on the stand,
that would rock!

What does everyone else think? I think it is a great way to both show off
the soft benefits of FOSS, seeing everyone around us will be very business
benefits focused as well as sending a strong message that we have a strong
community, and some real local talent that is often overlooked.

They also will be saving some rooms for some LPI exams (this is apparently
part of the LWE normal activities) so the LA education dudes will be running
exams there. Details to come, but start studying up the LPI curriculum if
you are interested.

Cheers,
Pia

--