Re: [Linux-aus] Can Linux Australia survive?

On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 01:19:20PM +0900, Horms wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 01:54:46PM +1000, Lorn Potter wrote:
> > The thing is taking place in New Zealand, correct? New Zealand and
> > Australia are not the same country, correct? Thus - LCA is incorrect.
> >
> > It utterly amazing that no one seems to be able to admit this simple
> > truth.
>
> I think this has been convered to death, multiple times.

Indeed.

> Yes, its a bit odd that the A stands for Australia and
> the conference is being held in NZ. But that doesn't
> affect the validity of having the conference in New Zealand.

Precisely.

[snip]
> In any case, its just a name.

Exactly.

On Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 05:02:45PM +0800, Leon Brooks wrote:
> >> No worries. "Welcome to Linux Conference newzeAland."
> > Linux Conference Aoteroa?
>
> Gold!
>
> It's apparently spelt, such as spelling goes in the circumstances,
> Aotearoa, but the idea has a simple genius, my boy.
>
> Mike Beattie, are you listening? (-:

It's just a name, and the conference is Linux Conference Australia, or
linux.conf.au.

I don't want to go to the level of 'Get over it', but it seems to be
required.

Since the conference organisation has been delegated to me and my committee
by the LA committee, the decision about branding is ultimately mine, and
that was decided many months ago when I was first asked.

Cheers,
Mike.
--
Mike Beattie <mike@ethernal.org>                       ZL4DM, IRLP Node 6184

      "This isnt Mission Difficult Mr Hunt, this is Mission Impossible.
          Difficult should be a walk in the park for you."  -- MI:2