Re: [Linux-aus] Messaging and recent discussions

Jeff Waugh wrote:
<quote who="Jeff Waugh">
http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/software/0,2000061733,39200495,00.htm
Ahr, an "interestingly" largely positive take from Fran:
  http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/software/0,2000061733,39200591,00.htm
Perhaps we need to make it more obvious that LA currently has stable funding
*for its current activities* care of the uber-successful linux.conf.au? It's
more of a structural/forward-looking question expressed in Jon's writing so
far.

That's the case. I'll leave it for Jon and Mark to work out if there's any more detailed info to put out atm -- we're currently still in the process of closing off the books for LCA2005 and LA's 2004/5 financial year.

The only resources we're particularly worried about are the human ones
that volunteer themselves; and that's not so much a worry about there not being plenty of volunteers but how to make sure things stay fun and exciting and upbeat, and we don't all get bogged down or burnt out.

Hrm.

For the record, I don't take umbrage at being called a sucker.

Cheers,
aj

--
Anthony Towns <secretary@linux.org.au>