[Linux-aus] The sky is not falling

Hi LA,

In light of the interpretation that's been put on things recently I need
to clarify my thoughts on a couple of things.

Linux Australia *will* survive.

In fact, it will flourish. It's becoming stronger and more relevant all
the time, and despite the negative inferences from recent discussions
it's probably one of the most successful national Linux associations in
the world.

My original post was in no way meant to suggest that we all give up and
go home, it was intended to point out that due to the growth and success
of the organisation we have to think very carefully about how we want it
to operate. If it was just meandering along in second gear it wouldn't
matter, but it's not - we're accelerating rapidly, and *that's* why we
need to take stock of the way things are done.

Thanks to everyone who has provided constructive feedback and I hope you
continue to do so. This is after all a *community* organisation!

Cheers   :-)

Jonathan Oxer