Re: [Linux-aus] Can Linux Australia survive?

<quote who="Bret Busby">

> Until Linux Australia can itself, become mature and start to act with some
> professionalism (and dignity), I contend that the hiring of staff should
> be out of the question.

Your continuing protestation at hosting linux.conf.au in New Zealand may be
slightly amusing, albeit irritating, but this is absolutely offensive. The
current and previous two committees have made enormous progress, making the
organisation infinitely more relevant and productive. I'd put it to you very
strongly that you are both wrong and terribly ungrateful to boot.

> It must be remembered, that due to the nature of the postings to the Linux
> Australia list, which have included offensive postings, and irrelevant
> postings, some members of Linux Australia, have stayed away from the list,
> as the list has appeared to them, to be more rubbish than anything of
> value.

*cough*

- Jeff

--
OSCON 2005: August 1st-5th         http://conferences.oreillynet.com/os2005/

     "Funny, I have no trouble distinguishing my mobile phone from the
       others because it's in my _own fucking pocket_!" - Mobile Rage